Monday, June 16, 2014

How to Restore, Repair and Finish Almost Everything

We spent the weekend at my hubby's family cabin outside of Oakley, Utah. It was cabin clean-up time, so the whole family gathered to clean out the cabin and the surrounding woods. It was a fun time for everyone to get together, and we were so busy cleaning, we didn't take any photos. One of the best things to come from this get-together was this gift from my mother-in-law:


Earlier this spring, my husband's maternal grandmother passed away, and since then, my mother-in-law has been going through Grandma's things and trying to determine where all these things should go. That is how she happened upon this book, which she then decided to pass on to me!

Now, I realize that most (or all) of the information in this book can probably be found online, but I love books for a multitude of reasons (the least of which is that they smell fantastic). Plus, it's nice to think that Grandma and I have similar interests. So I plan to hang on to this one.

Besides, I think this gluing chart could be very handy. I have honestly never thought about gluing fabric to glass or paper to leather, but now I might. This chart is giving me ideas...


And I especially can't wait to read this section:


1 comment :

Comments are swell!