Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hoop Art Round-Up

I have been seeing embroidery hoop art everywhere and I am loving it! I guess I need to dig out my embroidery hoop and get to work creating my own. In the meantime, here is a round-up of some of my favorite hoop art projects:


This piece made by Bev at Flamingo Toes is a classic and beautiful example of how to incorporate traditional embroidery with a more modern flair. I especially love the lace!


This one was made by Nicki at Il Magpie. I love this design and the vibrant colors she chose. I would love to do some free machine appliqué like Nicki did here. I'm just not sure I could do such a nice job of it!


Andrea at Knitty Bitties created this colorful hoop art (and several others). Click through to her post and check them out because they are all fantastic! I love how she pieced the various fabrics together and then incorporated the same fabrics into the bunting.


Bethany at Pitter & Glink provides a simple tutorial on how she made these lovely hoops. This might be a good starting point if you're new to embroidery. And sometimes simpler is better!


I love fabric flowers, so I had to include this beauty from Caroline over at Sew Caroline. I love the piecing, the lace, the flowers with button centers... and at the risk of making it too busy, I would venture to add a bit of lettering across the bottom section. This looks like a great use for some of my scrap stash!


And I think that Bronwyn at Queen B Creative Me wins by providing my absolute favorite hoop art collection! Of course, by including a matryoshka doll, she had pretty good chances of becoming my favorite. Now I want to whip up a similar collection for my daughter's walls.

So which one is your favorite?

8 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my hoop art in this great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Bethany! Feel free to grab my "featured" button if you like.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for including my Home Sweet Home hoop in this roundup! I love all of these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was too good to pass up, Bev! Feel free to grab my "Featured" button if you like.

      Delete
  3. Ah shucks. Thanks for including me in your roundup!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Bronwyn! Thanks for inspiring me!

      Delete
  4. what a lovely round up! :-) love them!
    thank you so much to have stopped by earlier today, just liked your facebook page and g+ too! :-)
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! I'm glad we're now following each other!

      Delete

Comments are swell!