Saturday, June 1, 2013

My First Try - Washi Tape

I have been seeing so many great washi tape crafts lately, so this week, I finally decided to try it for myself. I found a couple of rolls at Target and Hobby Lobby and decided to try beautifying an ugly notebook that I got for free. Here's how it turned out:


I have an unexplainable love of notebooks, so I have quite a collection. This is one that I got for free from my eye doctor. I like using it because it is spiral bound, but it is really ugly. I think the washi tape helped, at least a bit. Nothing can help that sunglass-shaped cutout.

What I learned about using washi tape:

  • Washi tape is just colorful and cute masking tape. It is easily torn and not very sticky. That is great if you want to be able to reposition it. It's not so great if you're looking for something permanent.
  • Washi tape is fun, fast, and easy. I have big plans to do a washi tape frame as soon as I can get my hands on some different patterns.
  • Washi tape is a bit pricey. I am now scouring the internet in search of the best deal so I can grow my washi tape collection. If you have any recommendations of where to buy it, please leave a comment and let me know!

8 comments :

  1. Thanks Anastasia! I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. coming from fun friday blog hop! and new gfc follower.
    I love washi tapes too and want to try the frame as well and maybe a book cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Luanne. I'll come follow your blog as well. Then when we washi tape some frames, we can share our results!

      Delete
  3. Not bad! I've been seeing a lot of washi tape project as of late :). I look forward to seeing more of yours too! Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Favorite Posts SHOW OFF Weekend Blog Party!

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I'm glad you stopped by. I love linking up on your blog party each week!

      Delete
  4. oh this turned out so well- it's great!I am also saying hello to ya from WBP week 8! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I'll come find you on the link party as well!

      Delete

Comments are swell!