Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Oh, Brother

Yesterday, I learned that one of my brothers (I have two) was in an accident in Denver. He fell from a truck and suffered a pretty substantial skull fracture. This incident has thrown quite the wrench into my crafting and blogging plans. It's not that there is anything helpful for me to do for him... I just can't concentrate on much at the moment because he is on my mind. According to the updates I have gotten from my mom, he is doing really well and should be able to come home around the end of the week.

In the meantime, I have been explaining the accident to my son. Today, he drew some pictures for his uncle and I wanted to share my favorite:

Eddie's depiction of the accident
Events like this always put things into perspective. I love my brothers dearly and couldn't imagine my life without them in it. I consider Jason one of my best friends in addition to being my brother. As you can see, we were thick as thieves way back in 1986, too.

Obviously I am the sole girl in the photo.
Jason has his arm around me and my oldest brother Jeremy is on the far left.
So this is for you, big brother. Thanks for always being there for me... and I hope that in the coming weeks, I can return the favor.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are swell!