Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thinking Thursday -or- Favorite Picture Books

I love kids' books and I love reading good books to my kids. Some books written for kids are incredibly lame, but I have discovered some that we absolutely love. So here is a round-up of our favorite picture books in case you need ideas of what to read to your kids during the summer!


Willoughby & The Moon by Greg Foley

I found this book when I was randomly browsing our local library. We love the illustrations in this book. They are all silver and black. The story is about learning to deal with fears, so it's a great story for kids.

Animal House by Candace Ryan

This book cracked me up. The illustrations are a lot of fun because everything in the animal house is an animal. It is a great book to read and talk about with a preschooler because they will love discovering all the different animals.

Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae

I love rhyming books, especially when the rhyming is well done. That is the case with this book. Plus, the story is great because it is all about finding your own talents.

A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee by Chris Van Dusen

I have loved every Van Dusen book I have read. The illustrations are very crisp and clean, the text rhymes cleverly, and Mr. Magee is always getting into ridiculous situations.

Can I Play Too? by Mo Willems

One of the "Elephant and Piggie" books by Mo Willems, this one makes us laugh every time we read it. I think these books really help kids to better interpret emotions because it is all done with speech balloons and facial expressions. And it shows kids that it is good to find a way to include everyone.

If you need any more picture book recommendations, check out this post I did on our family blog a while ago. What are your favorite picture books?

{Linked on Live Laugh Rowe, Seven Alive, The 36th Avenue, Joyful Homemaking, The Crafty Blog Stalker}

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are swell!