Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bubbly Wreath

I'm always brainstorming new ideas for my line of fabric wrapped wreaths. I thought this one was a rare stroke of genius: bubbles! Being the mother of two preschoolers, we spend much of our outdoor time blowing bubbles. So what better way to celebrate summer than to adorn your front door with bubbles!

Of course, I ran into the logistics of making bubbles that could be attached to a wreath. For this first one, I used small wooden beads, painted white and light blue with blue glitter. I interspersed these "bubbles" among the flowers and I love the result.




I plan to do another using different sizes of "bubbles" and maybe if I'm feeling really saucy, I'll add a bubble wand.

Got any other ideas on how to put bubbles on a wreath? Please comment! I'm always looking for new ideas.

You can find this wreath (and many others) in my Etsy shop.

{Linked on One Artsy Mama, Wait Til Your Father Gets Home, Be Different...Act NormalThe Pink Momma, and The Wondering Brain}

10 comments :

  1. Hi Krissy,

    I found you at the Newbie Bloggers Community! I'd like to invite you over to a blog hop I am hosting to meet other bloggers! It is happening all weekend! Please stop by if you can :)

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming, Jessica! I linked up on your blog hop and added you to my linky party list.

      Delete
  2. LOVE the wreath! Very creative. Thanks for linking up at Fun Friday Blog hop. I'm a new follower :)


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Followed you on Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks, Anne. I added you to my Google+ circles, too, so we can become blogging buddies. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I've added you back. Looking forward to read more of your post. Nice meeting you Krissy :)

      Delete
  4. Cute wreath! Thanks for joining our Show Off Your Blog Party. I'm one of the co-host and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Jules
    A Dose of Jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Krissy,
    Yaay! I'm soo happy you made it over to The Show Off Blog Party! I will put your button on the side of my bar too. Thanks again :)

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm LOVING this one. Truly. For more bubbles maybe you could use clear plastic Christmas ball ornaments. Maybe it's not the right time of year, but I've seen them at craft stores in the most unexpected places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I'll have to look for them the next time I'm at the store.

      Delete

Comments are swell!