Saturday, April 20, 2013

Quilt Along Fabric

As I've mentioned in a previous post, I am participating in a Quilt Along organized by Jill from Create.Craft.Love. and Sarah from Becoming Martha. The actual quilting has not started yet, so if you are interested in joining, now is the time. Click here to learn more:

Quilt-Along

We've spent this week gathering our supplies, including what may be the best part: choosing fabric! I love fabric shopping more than any other kind of shopping (unless you count dessert shopping). So I was pretty excited to find the perfect fabric to make a quilt to coordinate with Violet's current room, but not be too babyish for her to use for years. I chose purple as the main color because the wooden letters hanging on her wall are done in purple. I also wanted non-girl specific colors included, which is why I chose green and orange as my secondary colors. There's also yellow and blue in the mix on the patterned pieces, so hopefully it will not end up too purple-y for Violet (who seems to prefer pink these days -- a fact I chose to ignore when making my selections).

Without further ado, here is the fabric I selected:


I chose Riley Blake's Dress Up Days collection in purple and orange. The back of the quilt will be solid grape, it will have solid green stripes, and a bit of orange mixed in. I am so excited to see how it turns out!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are swell!