Friday, August 30, 2013

Back To School

Today, my son started kindergarten. He was so excited to go that he didn't want to wait until it was time, instead threatening to just walk by himself. On the way to school, he announced to everyone he saw, "It's my first day of kindergartent!"


In an effort to get ourselves organized before he started school, I set up a homework station for him in his bedroom. Check it out:


I started with these galvanized tins from Pick Your Plum. They were perfect for this project because they are just wide enough to hold paper, but not so deep that things will get lost inside.

First, I taped off a strip across the middle and applied letter stickers. I painted over the letters with craft paint, then peeled the stickers and tape off. Then I lined the edges with chalkboard washi tape.


They were so easy to make and I love how they turned out! Now I just have to figure out a way to keep 2 year old Violet from stealing all the pencils and biting off the erasers.

{Linked on Flamingo Toes, Three Mango Seeds, Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom, Back to the Basics, The Foley Fam, Under the Table and Dreaming, Sumo's Sweet Stuff}

3 comments :

  1. Very cute. I love the bright colors! I hope your son has a wonderful year in kindergarten! Thanks for linking up at the Pin It Monday party :)

    -Emily @ MyLoveforWords.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily,

      Thanks for stopping by and for the comment!

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! Way cute and very effective! Thanks so much for linkin up to Sunday FUNday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are swell!