Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 - Days 2-4 Progress

Wednesday

Today is Day 3 of Bout of Books 8.0 and I have been slacking! I should've known it would be a mistake to start with Dickens, so I am about to change up my strategy!


As for my progress up to today, I am on page 135 (of 716) of Martin Chuzzlewit. Since that is moving slowly, I'm going to set it aside while I start on Code Name: Verity. I hope that these other books in my pile will be quicker reads so that I can make a bit more progress!


Friday

I am happy to say that in the last two days, I have redeemed myself a bit! On Wednesday, I read Code Name: Verity, which was excellent! On Thursday, I read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. It was heartbreaking and reminded me of many of the reasons I hated high school. And as of today, I am on page 37 of The Roving Tree by Elsie Augustave. I hope to finish it up today because I have five more books waiting to be read. I'm not sure I'll meet my goal of 6 complete books, but I will get at least 4 by Sunday, which isn't too shabby.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are swell!