- To finish reading the books on my Summer Reading List.
- To make some progress toward reading all of Charles' Dickens novels before I'm 30.
- To give my normal reading binge a purpose!
- 3 complete books read, including two off my Summer Reading List.
- 134 pages of Martin Chuzzlewit read toward my Dickens goal.
- 1,062 total pages read this week.
What I Read
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher is the story of a teenage boy who receives thirteen cassette tapes created by a girl who recently committed suicide. The tapes explain her thirteen reasons why she chose to end her life. I was somewhat skeptical of the message this book would send until the end when the narrator makes it clear that everything that happened was a choice. An interesting read to get you thinking about the dynamics of relationships, high school drama & angst, and the choices we make.