Saturday, July 13, 2013

Cake Decorating

When I was growing up, my mom made a lot of cakes. She made birthday cakes for all the kids in the extended family. She made wedding cakes, too. When I was a teenager, I started learning how to decorate cakes, too. Now I love to make fun cakes for my kids for their birthdays. I'm thinking of developing my skills a bit more by taking a cake decorating class. For now, here are the birthday cakes I have made over the past few years:

Curious George
Lightning McQueen

Minnie Mouse
Winnie the Pooh
Side detail of Winnie the Pooh
Skeleton
Airplanes

7 comments :

  1. These are very beautiful and creative decorated cakes. Love them all. My mom also used to make my sister and I cakes for our birthdays and other occasions as well.
    New follower via "My Favorite Posts Show Off".
    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, how beautiful are these???? I really admire people who have the patients to decorate cakes! Way to go, they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! I really don't have a lot of patience, but have to use all that I have when I'm decorating a cake. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi there! I am co-hosting this week on the My Favorite Posts Showoff Weekend Blog Party. Thanks for connecting up!

    I host a (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop and a TGIF Link Party over at my place -- A Peek Into My Paradise... http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/ I would love for you to link up and follow (if you don't already) if you like what you see. =) I follow back - I love making new friends!

    Have a terrific week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invites Cathy! I'll add those other parties to my list so that I remember to come link up.

      Delete

Comments are swell!