Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I'm Joining Bout of Books!

I love reading, so when I found out about the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon, I decided to sign up!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Since I have a few weeks to prepare, I am going to start collecting a stack of books to get me through the week. Usually, when I am on a book binge, I can read one good-length book in a day. So here are my goals for the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon:

My Goals
  • To finish reading the books on my Summer Reading List.
  • To make some progress toward reading all of Charles' Dickens novels before I'm 30.
  • To give my normal reading binge a purpose!
Books to Read

Code Name: Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Circle of Shadows by Imogen Robertson
A Conspiracy of Faith by Jussi Adler-Olsen
Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok

I think that my current record is five books in one week, so I don't think a goal of six is too ambitious. I will update my progress throughout the week of the read-a-thon. If you like to read, you should sign up, too!

Bout of Books

1 comment :

  1. I used to read so much I seem to have lost the ability it is so frustrating.
    I have oodles of books on the shelves kindle and iPad .

    ReplyDelete

Comments are swell!