Saturday, July 27, 2013

Washi Tape Bookmarks

This was a super easy and super fast project that anyone can do! I made several different designs, just trying different things and different paper/tape combos. Here's a quick how-to:



Cut

Cut a piece of card stock 2x6 inches out of the color of your choice.

Tape

Create your washi tape design. I tried taping vertically (on the burgandy scallopped one), diagonally (on the green and copper one), horizontally (on the notched one), and both vertically & horizontally (on the chalkboard one).


Punch

Once your taping is complete, punch a hole in the center of one end. Thread a ribbon through and tie off as you like.

Trim

Trim corners and edges to add more interest if you like. Of course, you don't have to. My favorite of the ones I made is the one I didn't trim at all.


Please link up your washi tape projects in the comments because I would love to see your ideas as well!

{Linked on Tatertots & Jello, Be Different...Act Normal, One Artsy Mama, Truly Lovely, Happy and Blessed Home, The Stitchin' Mommy, The Wondering Brain, A Little Claireification, Sincerely Paula, Carrie This Home}

4 comments :

  1. SO cute! I LOVE washi tape!
    On behalf of Lisa, Cindy and myself, thanks so much for sharing this at our "Best Of The Weekend party"! I have pinned it to our party board and to another big board too.
    We hope to see you back again when the party kicks off this Friday eve at 8PM EST.
    Have a great week!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try Washi tape! I've seen so many great projects using it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! It always feels special to have a cute bookmark marking a good book! Thanks for the link up on the Frugal, Crafty, Home blog hop!
    xoxo, Jordan
    http://www.lilywhite-designs.com/2013/08/frugal-crafty-home-36.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are swell!