Monday, July 15, 2013

Clothes for Kids


Since kids' growth never matches up with the seasons, I am always looking for way to repurpose my kids' clothes so they'll last longer. I'm always on the lookout for the faux layered type t-shirts for winter so that I can easily shorten the sleeves in the spring. Lately, I've been looking into new ways to change up old clothes. This inspired this round-up of great kid clothing tutorials. Enjoy!


This cute key-hole top was created by Jess at Craftiness Is Not Optional. I have big plans to use this tutorial to transform some of my son's t-shirts into more feminine shirts for my daughter.


Caroline at Hungie Gungie crafted this beautiful tee for her daughter from a thrift-store find. It doesn't get much cuter than this! 


This easy Captain America Tee was hand-painted by Cheri at I Am Momma Hear Me Roar. I have never painted a shirt before, so I am intrigued by this. I think I'm going to try it for my son.


Ashley from Make It & Love It has a ton of great tutorials for repurposing for kids (and adults). I think this could be another great way to take a boy's tee and make it more girly. I plan to give it a try.


I love this tutorial from Christie from A Lemon Squeezy Home. As you may have noticed, I am on the lookout for ways to shorten sleeves and I love that this one is not super feminine. I'm going to try it on one of my son's shirts so he'll stop wearing long-sleeve shirts during July!


Shauna from Shwin & Shwin gives wonderful instructions on altering a larger tee into a slim-fit tee for boys.

Do you know of any other repurposing ideas for kids' clothes? Link them up in the comments because I would love to see them!

{Linked on Nap-Time Creations, New Nostalgia, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Adventures of a DIY Mom, Ladybug Blessings, VMG 206, Him & Her}

4 comments :

  1. I love Make It Love It and Shwin & Shwin. They both have lots of greats ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You're quite welcome! I love it when I find great ideas on other people's blogs, so I'm always happy to help spread the word. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Comments are swell!